Thursday, July 15, 2010

Life is Good!


I got a message on Facebook today to pray for a family that I do not know. I clicked on the link which took me to their blog http://patrickandashley.blogspot.com/ and my heart was so touched. Shortly after I started viewing the blog, three of my children came into the office as they heard the music playing and questions began to fly: Who is the baby? Is she sick? Why does she have tubes? Is she going to be okay? Is that her daddy?


I don't think I have ever had such a serious conversation, where my three oldest were so engaged. They wanted to know everything about this little girl and her situation. They were so intent to listen and asked questions to try and understand. Then Alleeda asked if she could say a prayer for her. I expained how the little girl needed lots of prayers right now, and told her how that would help her and her family. The kids came to me a short while later to ask what the little girls name was again, so they could say another prayer; they told me that Heavenly Father does answer our prayers and maybe the little girl would be okay to see her mommy and daddy again.


I am not emotional to cry, but tears started to fall from my face. I am so blessed. So blessed to have such wonderful children. Who are so concerned for others, and know that if we ask, then our Father in Heaven will answer. How silly to be so old, and sometimes forget such a simple thing. I teach my kids to ask and I can help them, why can't we remember that as we get older and life gets harder. I learned today that Life is so Good! I have so many blessings...five of them are with me all day and I am happy. This story just makes you stop and makes you remember life is good, trivial trials are nothing compared to this family and their trial. Pray for their family and for their little girl, pray for a miracle...they DO happen.

1 comment:

Melynda Cutts said...

We are blessed to call your family friends. Such beautiful children!