We were going to miss Alleedas and Daniels last day of preschool, when the bounce house would be there, because we were going to go to be at Grandma's house. The kds were less than thrilled about missing the fun at school, so we promised them that we would go to the lake and go swimming and build sand castles on the beach. Then it rained all weekend. So on Memoral Day, our last day at Grandmas, we gave in and took the kids to the Lake. It was sprinkling most of the time, but we promised. So we let the kids play and get as dirty as they wanted. How much fun that was! They got wet and dirty, built fishing poles out of sticks, had hot cocoa, played with their cousins, walked on the docks, looked at birds and lady bugs. Such a fun and memorable hour! We will definatley come to the lake in the rain again. Kevin and I made some neat memories with the kids.

Sweet Alleeda
Can't stop him from getting muddy!

Daddy and Matthew on the dock at The Forks Resort! Bass Lake is one mile from my parents house and I worked at The Forks for 5 or maybe 6 years. The first time they put me on the dock to be the "Dock Boy" I had never driven a boat! Ron gave me a quick lesson and let me at it. It was funny to watch me learn. I crashed into the dock a few times...or took out a bouey or two...maybe even hit another boat, but by the end of the day I was a pro...taking people to get their boats from the bouey, or parking the party barges. Heck I even some got tips while working on the dock (my claim to fame). Think about it, put a girl out on the dock, with long legs and shorts; while boats full of intoxicated guys continually come up to pump gas...of course tips were given, those were profitable days for me! It did make the owners laugh.
My sister Heather, we have too much fun together! Thanks for the bum shot!
Daria and Alleeda fishing with a pole from Kevin built with a stick and seaweed, of course all of the kids had to have one too.
My little fisherman
1 comment:
I never knew you worked on the dock. How come I always got stuck in the restaurant, store, and babysitting the kids. Lucky you!
Post a Comment