Monday, April 14, 2008

You are ready to give birth when:

* Your thoughtful doctor reminds you how low the baby has dropped and uncomfortable you must be...week after week.

* You use your feet as tools for picking up things off the floor.

* Your two year-old watches for the moment you sit down, only to create destruction of some kind in-front of you...knowing it will take you a while to get back up.

* You are at a friends house and your three children high-tail it down the street with three of their friends and you JUST STAND THERE (speechless), knowing you can never catch them.

* For comfort you choose to stand, and risk the chance of swollen feet, instead of sitting.

* Your husband, who is never cold or under covers, is bundled up asleep in bed while you lay there out of the covers with the AC down low and the fan on high, still awake watching HGTV.

* The doctor informs you that there is no need to induce, just keep waiting.

* Your husband has just picked up all the toys in the hall that you couldn't grab with your toes.

* Your 4 year old says, "mom why are your feet so fat?"

* You foolishly decide to steam clean the carpets, the baby is coming anyway...and then you can barely move all night.

* You, in your mind, can rationalize inducing, because it is YOUR money that you are giving them to take the baby out! Too bad they don't care.

* You attend an all day confrence for Women to have EVERYONE you know, tell you how CRAZY you are for coming.....poor pregnant woman.

* Your sisters make a spectator sport, at the Womens Confrence, of watching your feet get bigger and bigger through the day.


Really I have enjoyed this pregnacy! It has been pretty good. I am at the end and like all pregnant ladies, am ready for the baby to come out! Oh well, it makes for interesting days. Like washing the sliding door today...Kevin got a good laugh.

I guess we should really think of a name for this little one! He is due to come soon :)


5 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Thanks for the link to your blog. I SOOO glad that my pregnancy days are over. I was about ready to pull that last one out myself so I could actually walk without one leg being continually numb. No matter how much they cry when they come out at least I could lay on my stomach :)

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. I hope your baby comes first. Really I do I'll fell guilty if not. LOL.

. said...

Okay, THAT is a funny post!

Hang in there.....soon!

GREENLAW said...

very clever... when are you due?? hopefully VERY soon! keep us posted! :)

bretandjulie said...

Congratulations on your new big boy! (Did it hurt?) Can't wait to see pictures of him.