Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My big HELPER!

I was driving home from Target today...diapers again?!....and as I turned the rather large corner, maybe a bit faster than normal I hear a boom, boom, boom...loud crying and Matthew screaming.."JONATHAN, BABY JONATHAN, BABY JONATHAN", the bus behind me must have been frustrated as I slowed WAY down in the street, after turning my head back to see what the noise was all about. Apparently Matthew thought he was helping, when we got to Target today, as he unbuckled the baby. Little did I realize that he had UNBUCKLED the base of the Car Seat; until I stopped the car to find the baby, the car seat and the base all flipped upside down in the car. Jonathan went for a safe little ride...and so cute when I flipped him back over, smiling and laughing at me...probably thinking, 'what's all the fuss mom, I am still buckled in'. It was reassuring to see that if a carseat flips a couple of times at 40mph that the baby...even though scared, still comes out smiling. (I know too many personal friends go through major accidents so hopefully that is all the flips or testing of a carseat we will ever go through.) When we got home from getting Alleeda from school today I actually saw Matthew unbuckle Jonathan's carseat, my little culpriet, I mean my BIG HELPER!

2 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I can't tell you how many time that's happened to me...let's just say, it takes more than one hand worth of fingers ;) And don't even get me started on "sleeping" babies rolling their way past the pillow barricades on my bed and onto the floor...

Miranda said...

That's scary. Good thing he was ok.